Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ding Dong, The Mouse is Dead.

First of all, let me give a quick apology to all my avid blog followers (cough, casey, cough) I did not mean to let you down and leave you hanging with my false advertisement in my last post. Due to a sudden escalation of illness, my blog has been temporarily out of order. Good News though, after lots of rest and going into hiding from the blanket of white that rests on top of the Enclave, I am feeling better.

I am trying to figure out the culprit for getting me sick and I am down to three assumptions: 1. Both Katie and Auna have been pretty sick this past week, they are just now starting to get better. They had similar symptoms to the ones I have been feeling right now. 2. Almost all of the kids I am babysitting right now have colds. I basically spent the weekend with Andrew and Ava and they are both really sick right now. Annndddd....

3.There has been a mouse (Todd Michael Rickman, Rahe, Chantler, and Nitkiewicz) that has made himself at home in our kitchen. And when I say made himself at home, I am talking SHIT EVERYWHERE!!!!! This little guy is a mini Taylor Skees in the making. I don't know the health risks for mouse poo all over the kitchen, but I am gonna go ahead and take a shot and say that it's not healthy. I feel like my whole body is dripping with bacteria, and the thought of a mouse scrummaging around my apartment after I go to sleep makes me want to pack my bags right now. Seriously Enclave, YOU SUCK! Not to mention we asked for mouse traps two days ago from the Enclave and they disregarded our request without thinking twice.

So, last night we decided to leave some cheese out to see if the sneaky little bastard was still around. We all went to bed, and whhatta ya know, the heifer ate almost a whole slice of cheese itself? ... or maybe Todd has friends? Because the cheese was gone this morning, we DEMANDED we get mouse traps immediately. Finally, we got the mouse traps and set them up in the cupboard under the sink and behind the microwave, (two of Todd's favorite places to soil our apartment with his tiny little droppings). So the day goes on and nothing..... Then around 12:30 as we all head to bed there is total silence in the apartment until...... SNAP! Immediately all of us ran to the kitchen, opened the cupboard under the sink.. and there he was. Good ol Todd, fallin for the ol mouse trap trick. Kinda makes you think animals really can't talk to eachother, or maybe mice are just friggin stupid. Because don't ya think Todd's friend Doug would have been like "Dude, I know your hungry but if there is food sitting on a contraption that has death written all over it, let it go man" ................... Ok, so maybe I took that too far, but I have been taking meds haha.

Long story short, or not so short because I basically just told every detail, Todd is dead. And unless his friends dare to test their own fate, I think we will be mouse-free for awhile.

I am ecstatic about this occasion, Katie on the other hand is taking it pretty hard and begging for a proper memorial. Although I can not grant her that request, I will say this strictly for the respect of Todd's loved ones (Katie Chantler), may he RIP. And I know you are all probably expecting pictures in my blog, but I just couldn't get myself to make a mockery out of a poor creature's life.. plus that's just plain disgusting.........................


HAHA-SUCKAS. Check it out! WE ANNIHILATED THIS FOOLISH INTRUDER!

Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Although Tod may be a stupid (but cute) rodent, I can't help but feel sorry for the little critter. All he wanted was a couple licks of peanut butter. With that said, his friends should take something away from this and "run, forest, run!" as fast as they can out of our apartment (Although it sounds like Doug already has). There are pigs living next door who would be more than welcoming of their presence. They may even share their food. Anyway, good editing job on the pickie! :) Love you, roomiecakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda agree with Katie! Although I do not like mice in my house, I can't help but feel sorry for the little thing. Unlike my daughter who has no feelings when it comes to God's creatures! I could have done without the morbid pictures of your killing spree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gross! We had mice/possible little rats a few years ago because the the access to our bathroom pipes goes to the crawl space and they could get out until we had a cupboard built. I had never felt so creeped out in my life than when we caught two of them.......something I will never forget but hope to never have happen again.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive