Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Motivation

So as most of my blog followers know, I have been on the brink of depression for the last couple weeks. I have been crying over the smallest things (which isn't really a new symptom, but its almost excessive right now) I have been stressed out and feeling worthless and blah blah blah... but that is not what this post is about. This post is here to bring me a weekly boost and to open my eyes to how lucky I really am and I have the best support system in the world.

I had the idea for this post after waking up this morning to a couple texts that made me want to get up and change my life around. I think everyone should take Monday, which is usually a rather depressing day of the week, to realize what is important in life and how lucky they are to have what they have. I think it is a good day to reflect on the week before and start a new fresh week with a positive attitude, and that is exactly what I intend to do with this post. Whether it be a text, an email, kind words, etc.... I will write this weekly post to motivate me and cherish these thoughts forever!

SO! here are some texts that really made me smile this week :)

"You can do it!!!" "That's my girl!"

*This text was from my dad this morning. I have really felt like I have let my parents down recently and have just been a complete disappointment. I have always thought of myself as someone who has made my parents proud up until these last couple weeks. To see this constant support when I feel like a failure brings a tear to my eye. I AM SO LUCKY!

"You're an amazing woman with many skills and you are so damn creative you will find a job. I am certain of it. I love you so much, don't quit on anything. Winners never do. You will get that dream job that you want."


*This text COMPLETELY blindsided me. This was a text from Taylor that I received last night before bed. Taylor and I have hit a rough patch in our relationship due to the stress of jobs. We have found it very had to be supportive to one another considering we are going through the same thing and feeling the same pain. He definitely proved to me that we need each other right now more than ever. We are both capable of so much that we are so hard on ourselves and each other. I love him so much!


My youngest brother Jacob is seriously the sweetest thing ever! He is going to make a girl very happy one day. He is so thoughtful and considerate of others feelings. I have a dry erase board in my room and the other night when I was laying in my bed I noticed some unfamiliar handwriting on the board. The simple words "I love my sissy" brought me to tears.

And finally a quote I came across from my jello jiggly friend, Bill Cosby that has brought some things into perspective on my job search

"In order to succeed your desire for success must exceed your fear of failure."


Right on Bill! So that is all I have for my first post. I know there have been other people that have encouraged me through the week and made me smile, but I don't have their words documented because I just decided to do this.

Can't wait for next Monday! :) I love my family and friends!


3 comments:

  1. I think you forgot about the video message of "Weenie Man" that I sent. That has to be some serious motivation! LOL

    Seriously though you are such an AWESOME person, friend, aunt, sister, girlfriend and daughter. Your parents will always have so much to be proud of and I can't wait for the day you to officially be my sister! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! How could I forget that text, it definitely made me laugh! Thanks for the sweet sweet comment! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello everyone i love you too..............ok good bye

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive