Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Sunshine State

I love Florida.
I love sun.
I love pools.
I love laying out.
I love sunglasses.
I love poolside boozin.
I love baby lizards/salamanders/geckos. (from a far)
I love outlet malls.
and most importantly...
I love good times with GREAT people.


So, as you can see I had a wonderful time in Ft. Myers for Taylor and my graduation present. And how lucky am I to be able to celebrate my 23rd (ahhh!) birthday in the sunshine state? Our trip was so relaxing! We didn't have any agenda. We just did what we wanted, when we wanted. The weather was perfect, not a drop of rain. Taylor and Tom played lots of golf and bet lots of money (must be a guy thing) and Peg and I did lots of shopping and spent lots of money (must be a girl thing). We hung out by the pool a lot, and I managed to work me up an average tan. Taylor and I were pretty consistently victorious in some intense games of Sequence, oh who am I kidding.. we manhandled those suckas! (HA, jk!) Both OSU and ND won while we were there, and OSU even became number one in the country... only to completely fail me this following weekend(still a sore subject). All in all, it was a perfect little trip. I had so much fun and was completely relaxed and ready to come back and make myself some money! (once I find a job that is). Ohio wasn't very welcoming when we came back home with its downpour of rain, but these last couple beautiful fall days make me appreciate our seasons here and how gorgeous Fall can be. Peg and I were pointing out on a walk how out of place the fallish/Halloween decor looks on Florida homes. A vacation to Florida is always nice, but I do love my Ohio!

THANK YOU SO MUCH SKEES FAMILY FOR AN AWESOME PRESENT!

My entire album of pictures from the trip is on Facebook, and I am sure you have all seen them.. but here are a few postworthy pics.

This was on my birthday shopping at the outlet malls. Taylor got me the Nike+ and Shoes and Peg and Tom got me from work out clothes from the Nike Outlet. I figured I would start working out on the regular if I had cute stuff, but it hasn't seem to work since our return. Oops!

On the evening of my birthday we went to Naples. This is where  I fell in love with the Old Naples Pub.  And if you are a pickle-lover you would fall in love too. When you come to the ONP, there isn't a basket of boring ol peanuts sitting, there is a beautiful jar full of juicy crisp pickles that has heaven shining down on it just sitting there waiting for you to enjoy. I didn't believe it for a second. Is this really happening? Am I really allowed to eat this whole jar without paying a dime? Did someone know this was my birthday and set this up for me? This really was too good to be true. So 3-4 pickles later, this lady was a happy customer--oh and a proud owner of I got pickled at the Old Naples Pub.. compliments of Peg and Tom Skees! Haha!!!


Complete Bliss. Poolside with our frozen lemonades and raspberry vodka. If only our girls night girls were with us....


And on our last night, Taylor chose sushi for dinner, surprise.. surprise. I swear he is half asian since he started working at tea tree.. all he craves is that kind of food. I will admit though it was quite tasty and fun!
Thanks again for a great time! We love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive