Wednesday, December 8, 2010

DecemBURRRR

Oh the weather outside is frightful, and the fire WOULD be so delightful, but since I DO have places to go...
SNOW SHOULD GO, SNOW SHOULD GO, SNOW SHOULD GO....

Alright Alright, so I changed up the song a bit and I know what you are thinking.... What a freaking Scrooge! And I am a firm believer that if it is going to be cold outside, it can at least be pretty with snow. But bahh humbug do I loathe scraping the windows, freezing my batoosh off, hazardous road conditions and texting with gloves on.. (haha)

There are however some things I do love about these winter months, especially December, that make the  cold not seem so terrible... and number one on the list is...........

1. Starbucks Peppermint Mochas- YUM! I am not usually a starbucks girl because lets face it I can't even afford the dollar menu and they charge prices that make you wonder why they aren't serving coffee in a sacred chalice. But I do find myself splurging for these little festive delishys! Is it sad that not only do they taste amazing but I feel cooler carrying a Starbucks cup? I know, I have issues.

2. Boots and Scarves- I love LOVE love these adorable accessories. Taylor has started calling me scarf girl and claims I have "1700". His assumption is wrong, but I wouldn't mind having that many, I do love my scarves! And as for boots, I want more! All I have now is my tan and black luxorious Target branders and I am hoping to add to that collection with some nicer ones this Christmas. I think warmer clothes and layers are so cute and I love not having to worry about my love handles peeking through!

3. Christmas Music- Is it just me or is everyone happier with Christmas music playing. I don't know about ya'all but I feel a sudden burst of cheer everytime I hear "The Christmas Song" or "Baby its Cold Outside"

4. Fox Family- Starting Dec. 1st Fox Family airs Christmas movies nonstop. It is called the 25 days of Christmas. Some of the movies are so cute and bring me back to my childhood days. I just love it!

5. Decorations- I love driving and looking at Christmas lights. I have grown up in a home where every room is decorated and when I was younger we all had our own christmas trees for our room. My mom is seriously a freak when it comes to decorations and we all dread the second day after Thanksgiving when we have to literally empty out our attic full of decorations. When everything is finally up and the house is looking like a winter/christmas wonderland it is so worth it and so we continue to do it every year! One of these days I will try to do a post debuting every decorated room in our house. I LOVE IT!

6. Cuddling- I am a cuddler and this time of the year Taylor doesn't mind me hanging all over him, unlike the summer where we both can't stand to be touched because we're sweating profusely.

Now I am sure there are a few other things I could add to the list, but this should do it for now! And for the sake of all of you snow angeling, snowman building, snowmobiling peeps, ......... Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive