Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Christmas to all and to all .... a good nap.

If I could describe Christmas this year in two words they would be happy and EXHAUSTING! Even though this Christmas was everything I hoped it would be and worth the anticipation, it literally kicked my bum and I don’t even have kids yet!!! Maybe it was the hours of preparation or the late night name game playing but I was longing for sleep for about 3 days straight and I can finally say I am pretty much caught up!


As excited as I was about all of my presents, I was shockingly more excited about giving than receiving this holiday season… maybe it was because I got a Nikon D3000 camera a month early and I knew I wouldn’t be getting much Christmas Day from Santa but I would like to think it’s because I am finally growing up and feeling more joy by making someone else feel joy. It was also nice having a job where I could put a little more into gifts than I normally have.

I am really starting to love all of these Christmas traditions between Taylor and my families, and I am excited for more traditions to be made. This year we had our first celebration of Jbaby’s the Sunday before Christmas at the Konesky’s. Here we devoured a nice selection of “grazing food”, played games, exchanged gifts, and simply enjoyed each other’s company. Unfortunately we were missing the company of Casey who was too cool/sick to come ;) I got a Forever 21 gift card from Taylor’s gram and gramp Konesky which I plan on blowing here in the next couple days!

The next celebration didn’t take place until Christmas Eve where my family joined Taylors family at Cedar Creek for an awesome church service followed by a delicious meal at Biaggis. Sadly Taylor had to leave early to go report to the evil Asians that don’t celebrate Christmas… so I went too far with that, well I am sorry but since Taylor and I have been together he has had to work EVERY Christmas Eve, not to mention I HATE Tea Tree but that’s beside the point. So after dinner I went back to my house.. by myself.. to get down on some Jesus Juice and gorge myself beyond comprehension. In the words of Chandler Bing, “Could I have EATEN anymore food?”

Christmas Eve is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. Family comes over and like I said we eat, drink, and play games. I absolutely love it! Then around 10 PM we all wobble… I mean walk over to church for the Christmas Eve service. My favorite part of the service is when we all hold lit candles and sing silent night right before the service ends. Then we head back home and prepare for Christmas at our house the next morning and hit the hay!

Christmas Morning will never involve sleeping in for us. There was a time where this excited me and I was the one begging like a puppy dog at the end of my parent’s bed to see if Santa had came at 3 in the morning. Now my dad is begging at the end of my bed at 730 in the morning to get my ass out of bed or we won’t have time to open presents before other people get here.. how sad huh? This year was even worse knowing I didn’t have much waiting for me under the tree because I bought my camera a month before… interestingly enough Mrs. Claus couldn’t stand to see her baby girl go with out presents Christmas day so lets just say my stocking wasn’t even stuff it had presents surrounding it… what? Santa said I could still have a stocking just no tree presents.. so technically Mrs. Claus didn’t do anything wrong. 

In my stocking I got three Ohio State t shirts, a picture frame, a new lens for my cam, jewelry, some cute little storage boxes, and candy..

Then my moms side of the family came over at 8-830 and we opened presents playing our stocking box game and then our regular presents. Then we had a delicious breakfast and Taylor were on our way to our next festivities on honeysuckle lane. Taylor and I bounce our way around the block on Christmas..You could almost say we are Christmas Whores the way we get around. At Taylors house we enjoyed ANOTHER breakfast and then laid around talking while we waited for Ash and the gang to join us for presents.. some of us couldn’t wait so we had to open a present here and there to contain ourselves… ourselves being the 23-year-olds. From Taylors parents I got a really cute outfit, some jewelry, a scarf, and a lovely Ohio State Tshirt.

Our day was not quite done yet after that we ventured back to Pemberville for one last Christmas celebration at my Grandma Rahe’s. I feel bad every year at my Grandma’s because at this point I am half zombie so I simply inhale food once more for the day and then beach myself on the couch until the day is done. From my grandma I got a really nice pair of boots that I have been wanting for a long time now and some leggings. After our last party we headed BACK toCurtice to play some games and relax.

This year Taylor and I kind of spoiled each other. He got me a camera bag, a memory card, a sweatshirt, new shoes, new Ohio State slippers, a $25 Victoria Secret gift card, tights, and a little purse. Like I said we kind of spoiled each other ;)

Overall I had a fabulous Christmas and I am thankful for these next couple of days of rest to recuperate before the countdown starts again.. it seems to come faster and faster each year.. doesn’t it?

Oh and thanks to my new camera I got this year I was able to take around 400 pictures capturing every moment! You can check them out on Facebook, I don’t know if I’ll be able to choose just a couple to put on this post!

On that note, I am tired again by just recapping..... nap time!

1 comment:

  1. 1) Thank you so much for your thoughtful gifts to the kids! That was very sweet.
    2) What kind of camera bag did you end up getting?
    3) I'm jealous of your nap...
    4) Girls night next week, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive