Monday, January 31, 2011

A Bangin Birthday

This is a little late, but a little late is better than a little never.... right?

First of all, I can't explain this funk that has been taking over my life this month. It's not like its a surprise that January is cold and snowy, so why blame the weather? But dang, something is not right. And Ashley's birthday weekend was exactly what the doctor ordered.

We had been planning this weekend for a couple months, so now that it is already here and gone.. the funk is starting to return. I know what you're thinking... "Damn, this girl is never pleased." ..... and I won't argue. Perhaps the doc should have prescribed me with a longer, stronger, (more tropical)  dosage!

Anywho Peggy, Casey, Brianne, Shirly, and the birthday girl herself left Friday evening to meet up in Columbus with Brittany and Kelly. We stopped at Charming Charlies, which due to starvation reasons I was unable to purchase anything... therefore a return is in store because that place is literally heaven in a handbasket for all of you accessory enthusiasts like myself! Afterwards we headed back to Britt's for pizza and none other than the NAME GAME until the wee morning hours.

Saturday the party started when I woke up and all  8.. yes I said 8 of us girls got beautified and "teased"  to go shopping at Easton. Our shopping excursion was a great success with many purchases, lots....LOTS of pictures, finding my wedding ring at Tiffany's and 1.50 jewlery at Forever 21....oh yes, and did I say pictures?

After what seemed like hours of shopping, fatty was more than excited for Ashley's birthday lunch at the Cheesecake Factory! Although my food was absolutely exquisite in both the taste and appearance department, the service was nothing.. NOTHING to write home about. Long ass wait, drafty air, cold soup, and a puddle of ice cream and sprinkles for our 30 year old birthday girl?..... I gotta say, I expected more from you Cheesecake Factory.... Tisk Tisk.!

But we lovely ladies didn't have time to let those lofty people get to us.. we only had time for a little more shopping and then we would be downtown bound for seriously... one of the best nights I have had in a while.

The only downfall of our shopping trip other than the jackholes at the Cheesecake Factory.... arctic temps.

But moving on. So after we finished up our shopping, we all headed to downtown Columbus to check into our hotel, do a quick "retease" , touch up the war paint, smash on some booze, pack our snacks, and off we went to the piano bar.

Can I just say, I HIGHLY recommend this place. Seriously so much fun!! The piano bar was called The Big Bang. We got front row seats -kudos to brittany FOR FREE! -kudos to us being hotties!! haha! Ashley was asked to go on stage to be serenaded in front of everyone. We basically had to push her on the stage for that, little did we know after a couple of buckets she would willingly get up on stage and dance later with "Bang This" panties on. We kept requesting songs on napkins and putting them on the piano for them to play. Some of our requests they actually played including Garth Brooks- Friends in Low Places, Spice Girls, and Blue Jean Baby. I am still a little salty "I wanna be a Mighty King" wasn't played...

Oh and I forgot to mention.. I fell in love with three people that night.
1. Our "supposidely" gay piano guy at the beginning...in my eyes, he was totally straight and in love with me too
2. Our cracked out amazingly hilarious and fun waiter
3. The douchiest bouncer in the world

The night flew by and before we knew it we were headed back home to reality. I loved every second of this weekend, and I really love all that were there to make it so fun. I can't wait until we plan our next little girl outing! They are MUCH MUCH needed!

Happy Birthday again Ash! You are one bangin 30 year old!  Hope you had as great of a time as I did!! Love ya sister!!!

All of my pictures are on facebook, but here are a couple to complete the post.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive