I don't really know if that makes sense, considering I clearly made it up, but through the years I have seemed to lose touch with people I thought were my "best friends".
In Preschool, I met Cassie. Through out elementary and middle school, Cassie and I were inseperable. Once High School hit, we started to drift into different crowds. Hers conveniently being my arch enemies, "The Sexy 7".... funny the group consisted of 9 people, half of them being hideous..... no hard feelings. HA! Anyway, ever since high school it has never been the same with Cassie and I. Our friendship seems as though it is forced most of the time. It is sad to me how far friends can grow apart as we grow older.

After Cassie and I started to go our seperate ways in high school, I became really close with Kasey. Side note- My first best friend's name was Cassie White, and my second best friends name was Kasey Wright, and both of their names are Kathi/Kathy. WEIRD?!?!?!?!!? Anywho, Kasey was my rock in high school, literally there for me through EVERYTHING. She stood by me in all of my hard times (taking care of me during my back surgery, correcting mean rumors, and helping me wash my car after the sexy 7 egg'd/crisco'd/soaped it.) and all of my good times as well. After high school we decided to move in with eachother and go to BGSU. We were so excited that we would actually be living together in our own little house. How could life be more perfect? Sadly, it was probably the worst decision we could have made for our friendship. I am not saying moving in is what tore us apart, because who knows... maybe im just not friend material after a couple of years? Long story short, Kasey and I went from talking multiple times a day and freaking out if we went a weekend apart, to saying Happy Birthday to each other once a year.... I feel like my friendships are like boyfriend/girlfriend relationships. Once we reach a different point in our lives, we basically break up and don't communicate anymore. Recently, Kasey and I have tried to reconnect and become closer, but our schedules don't ever seem to work out. I am not going to sit here and pretend like that is a good excuse. True friends can make time for eachother, so I don't know?.. In reference to my expiration date theory, I better start checking for mold.


Which leads me to my current state of friendship, my new love interest, my "fresh off the shelf" item, Katrina A. Chantler. Katie and I met at the same party I met Taylor for the first time. Ironic? I don't know what it is about Katie, but her and I just click. We are literally the same person, and we joked about this very early on. In fact I slept in bed with Katie before I ever slept in bed with Taylor (I am talking clothed family! Come on now.)Katie and my friendship started off with pillow talk in Kyle's bed and has developed into shopping dates, hair appointments, spring breaks, endless back and forth drives to GHETTOLEDO, Couple Halloween Costumes(me always being the guy), and now we share a home. You're all probably thinking WHAT?!? You're really going down that same road again? Is this one going to dead end like the last? And I can assure you, my concerned followers, everything will be just fine. I absolutly adore Katie Chantler and with that being said, our friendship is like soybeans, it will never expire. ..... seriously though I looked it up, soybeans don't expire.



Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend. ~Plautus

This is from my mom but she doesn't know how to post LOL:
ReplyDeleteSo Amanda, what you're saying is you've been in bed with my son? ~Love, Peg
I'm sorry what? I have no idea what your talking about :)
ReplyDeleteSeriously, Amanda. I wish you lived closer! I about peed myself laughing several times from this post. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!
ReplyDeleteAnd P.S., mom, she said they were clothed! And besides, Taylor told me he's waiting for marriage. :)
Friendships never expire they just change. I know for a fact that Kasey or Cassie would be there for you in a heartbeat! I am very thankful that you have been able to find a new wonderful friend like Katie! I also didn't know that you have been in bed with Peg's son! Just remember your mom is really your only true friend. LOL!
ReplyDeleteSeriously LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you and your mom!
ReplyDeleteI almost cried reading this. Like I told you this morning, our friendship will never expire. We're like to soybeans in a pod... or are those peas?...Whatever lol Anyway, you're my best friend and I honestly don't know what I would do without you. You make me a better person and I'm so lucky to have you as a friend. Life won't be the same next year without you living ten feet from me, but no matter what we'll always be besties :) Love you!
ReplyDelete