Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Weekend in Review

This past weekend was another relatively eventful one, and weirdly enough it didn't involve any work. I have come to the conclusion the saying, "It's never good enough" is quite true when it comes to my life. First, I sit there and complain that I am so busy and never have enough time and now I sit and complain that these past couple weeks have been complete torture. Can I find a happy medium? Probably not. :)

My job search has been lacking, and by lacking, I'm talking zilch, notta, nothin! But its ok, I am staying positive and confident that I will find something. However, the more I wait, the more open I come with what I am willing to do! (Don't worry mother, this does not include anything inhumane or distasteful) :)

Anywho, back to the weekend... Friday I decided to think financially and opted to babysit instead of stalk Crystal Bowersox. Turns out this was smart on my part considering I got my first (don't judge) speeding ticket Sunday... This was quite the agonizing moment in my life. I still shutter at the sight of the lights behind me. I am a good girl, I don't break rules.. so this has been hard to cope with! Taylor keeps laughing at how I am treating this like a traumatizing event, but I can't help it!!!!

Saturday... haha, ohhhh Saturday. Katie and Kyle invited Taylor and I to join them on their trip to Norwalk, home of the toothless smiles and mullets, to watch her neighbor in some drag races. I have never done anything like this, so you could say it was an.... experience? So, in order to fit in, we packed up, not food, but 42 cans of Busch Light and sat by the car and pounded beers before we went in. We then proceeded to watch Norwalks finest cheer for a bunch of cars racing towards a finish line.... I don't see the entertainment, but hey there has to be something for everyone. I probably only watched a half an hour of racing though, Katie and I ended up getting a little too tipsy and went back for a nap in the car which turned into sleeping until we left. The boys stayed and cheered on Billy Jo and Jebediah. I guess we don't make very good hillbillys, the boys on the other hand fit right in :) The only thing I really did get a kick out of was a lot of people raced cobalts (my car), and Taylor and I joked about me being a little speedster now that I know what my car can do.... little did we know I would get a ticket the next day...forshadowing? Maybe.... Irony? Possibly.... Funny? Not at all.




Sunday was a significant day for my family, the last of the Rahe clan was confirmed. My little, ok not so little I take that back, my YOUNGER brother Jacob was confimed Sunday. He looked so handsome and did such a nice job reading! I am so proud of him. After the service, we had a little get together with our family, where we had a lot of delicious food! When you live off of ramen noodles, food is something that always gets me excited! Ha! Here are a couple of pics from the confirmation:


These were just the appetizers. I love pretty food!!!!

After the party I decided to drag race down Sugar Ridge Road, evidently the Pemberville Police have never been to Norwalk... What? I thought it was ok..... :) After my first ticket experience, I took Taylor back to Toledo and headed back to BG where Katie, Sarah and I embarked on a journey to Katie's hometown for a visit. She had a dentist appointment Monday and didn't feel like making the trip by herself, so we decided to make it a little trip for all of us. It was a lot of fun, and it was nice to just get away and not think about "real life" (job searches and speeding tickets) :) .... Katie gave us a tour of Avon, Mama C made some homemade chicken alfredo, and we looked at scrapbooks and old pictures Sunday night. Then Monday, we all went to the Strongsville Mall. It was so nice, but shopping is NOT fun when you don't have money!!! We pretty much spent our rainy day at the mall, came back and went out to eat with the Chantler fam, and headed back to BG considering I had to work at 9:30 in the morning Tuesday. Our trip was short, but most definitely sweet! I can't wait to plan a longer trip around August where we can sit out on the deck and have some margs!!!



That's all I have for now, but stay tuned because I babysit Mya and Stella Thursday and Friday, so I am betting there will be some pretty fun posts :) CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh baby don't worry about the ticket, we all get them at one time or another!!! Oh wait I don't think I have ever had a speeding ticket in all my years of driving!!OUCH! LOL! Slow down life is short! Also, you will get a job! You've only been graduated a couple weeks! Love the comments about the racing! I hate racing!!! How do they know when someone wins???? Who cares???? LOVE Ya

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive