Friday, May 21, 2010

Hire Me? Please? I'll do ANYTHING!!!!....

Considering most of my followers are older than I am with careers, I was hoping you guys could give me a little advice on how to go about finding jobs, applying, and such. I uploaded my resume to careerbuilder, monster, ect. and I keep getting these bogus job interviews that are just annoying and get my hopes up for nothing. All of the jobs consist of cold calling and door to door sales in Columbus and Cleveland....uhhhh I am willing to be flexible with not doing my "dream job" right away but I'll pass on walking around the streets of Cleveland aimlessly trying to sell some freakin Indians tickets to complete strangers. That's a little out of my comfort zone.

Anyways, I have only been graduated for about 2.5 weeks and I am already starting to get a bit discouraged, so I was hoping for a little advice from my loved ones.

My dad told me to be patient, and accept a job I may not be in love with right away. He said "You are going to have to dig through some coal to find your diamond." I like that, and totally agree. The thing is... I don't even know how to get some damn coal!!!!!! Is Santa hiring?

........ ok, that was a horrible joke. Hope to hear some good advice :) I need it!!!!!

Don't want to end up like this guy....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive