... I didn't. :(
I know I am terrible! I hate myself for not voting but I honestly (and this is embarrassing) didn't even know this day was coming up so I didn't educate myself on any issues. I didn't want to go in there and make some irrational choices that I didn't even realize I was making. I need to start becoming more politically informed. Here is a confession: I am kinda scared to :( .... I am very naive when it comes to the government and I don't want to know all of the terrible things around me. Sad thing is I should, because my vote could make a difference in those terrible things.
S0 shame on me. I blew it today. I was very depatriotic (which I am well aware is not a word). I have all of these people fighting for my rights and I don't take advantage of the little things I can do.
Is there a voting for dummies book out there? How can I get myself to be interested in educating myself enough to exercise my rights?
Help a girl out so I'm not disappointing my dearest Uncle Sam!!!
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Me too, Amanda. I didn't vote either, because today was conferences and I just didn't get a chance but also I didn't really know enough about the candidates to vote. That just doesn't hold my interest and so I don't really care. It's not okay and I do feel bad about it, but like you said how can you make yourself interested?
ReplyDelete